Friday, November 10, 2006

Just some things that are going on...

I love it here but it feels so wrong. I feel like moving here was a huge mistake. I miss my friends and family and my animals I left behind. And it's finally hitting me, this is my Senior Year. I am NOT ready to 'grow up' and be on my own. It scares me to think that this time next year I won't have anyone to depend on. And to make it worse, I was talking to a friend last night and now I'm worried about what a few of my friends back home are doing and there is nothing I can do about it. I'm stressing out and I have to think about colleges for next year. How can you decide what the rest of your life is going to be...Hell, I'm not even sure what I want to be. Toss up between a vet, a pro. handler, or a dog trainer. So, how do I know what schools to apply to when I don't know where my future is.
Okay, so I am reading a really awesome book called I kissed dating good bye. It's by Joshua Harris and you should read it because it is such a good book. "Some people who hear about my decision not to date until I'm ready for marriage assume that my heart must have been broken. No, my heart was made new by my Savior. The change in my attitude was the result of realizing the implications of belonging to Him. The Son of God died for me! He came to free me from the hopelessness of living for myself. That had to change everything-including my love life. Having a girlfriend{boyfriend} was no longer my greatest need. Knowing and obeying Him was. I wanted to please Him in my relationships even if it meant looking radical abd foolish to other people.-even if it mean kissing dating goodbye..." "1 John 4:10-11: This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, lsince God so loved us, we also ought to love on another."
That last part brings me to my next problem. Wednesday I got called a hypercrite because I was at one time friends with Jake, a gay guy. She told me I couldn't possibly be a Christian because it's a sin to be gay. But, does the bible not also say that we are suppose to love them like Jesus did? and who are we to judge them? That's between them and God! But, now through it all I am begining to doubt my faith. Am I really a Christian? Do I really believe in it? I don't know who I am anymore...let a lone what I believe in. So please some words of advice?
Loves,
Whitney

2 Comments:

Blogger AppyLover said...

But, maybe I am just a big hypercrite. It is still a sin, and I still cared for him. I would have done anything for him...But, I would still do anything for any of my friends...I am so confused. I don't know who I am anymore or what I am. How do I know my religion is right? How do I know there is a God? What proof do I have other then my bible? Other religions have their "bible" as well, so how come there's is wrong?

8:27 PM  
Blogger AppyLover said...

But when you doubt you faith then what are you left with? Nothing...My religion has always been a part of who I am...So doubting it means I doubt myself.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home